THE REFERENCE FOR ENTERING THE BEST FRENCH AND INTERNATIONAL ART AND ANIMATION SCHOOLS
For more than 40 years, the reputation of Atelier de Sèvres has been built on the results of its students in the competitive exams for the major art schools. Atelier de Sèvres is the only preparatory school to publish verifiable, detailed and data-backed results, school by school.
Atelier de Sèvres achieves the best entrance results for major French and international schools.
The open-minded approach and thorough training, the setting conducive to studying and the warm atmosphere of its premises have also contributed to the school’s good reputation.
— Art foundation
PERFECTING ARTISTIC KNOWLEDGE
In order to give everyone the best assets to succeed in art school competitive entrance exams, this foundation year provides a solid training focused on the acquisition of means of expression and reflection. It allows students to develop their creativity and their general and artistic knowledge.
Art Foundation: the statistics
- 85% of art students pass at least one competitive entrance exam.
- More than 20% of places awarded at the Beaux-Arts in Paris were to students from Atelier de Sèvres.
- 20% of Art Deco students come from Atelier de Sèvres.
- More than 50% of the students at Villa Arson in Nice come from Atelier de Sèvres.
— Animation foundation
LEARNING TECHNIQUES AND DEVELOPING CREATIVITY
The aim of the animation foundation is to prepare students for the competitive entrance exams of the most prestigious animation schools.
This includes the acquisition of basic drawing and animation techniques as well as creative and cultural development, through teaching by industry professionals.
Animation foundation: the statistics
- 87% of animation students pass at least one competitive entrance exam
- 46% of places for the academic year of 2018-19 at Gobelins were awarded to students from Atelier de Sèvres.
- 42% of EMCA students come from Atelier de Sèvres.
- More than 40% of Supinfocom Rubika students come from Atelier de Sèvres.
— Bachelor Animation
THREE YEARS TO BECOME A WRITER-DIRECTOR
Atelier de Sèvres offers a three-year degree-level qualification, similar to the teaching of major public animation schools, accessible via competitive exams.
From experimentation to dissemination, the teaching team provides all the necessary tools for students to become writer-directors.
Teaching is delivered by professionals and French and international artists, and is complemented by personalised student support. Technical education is acquired through multiple exercises, experiments and productions, while leaving plenty of room for personal creativity and innovation.
The summer workshops offer students between the ages of 16 to 24 the opportunity to immerse themselves in an artistic environment for a week at Atelier de Sèvres.
Three courses are available: Drawing, Painting and Animation. Each is led by qualified professionals from Monday to Friday.