Atelier de Sèvres is not on the Parcoursup platform. Applicants must therefore apply to the school's admissions service directly. The admissions officer prefers to meet candidates for one-on-one interviews in order to get to know them better and support them in their course choice. At the end of the interview, candidates will be immediately informed of their ability to join Atelier de Sèvres’ programmes. It is therefore necessary to prepare for the forthcoming school year and apply now as the number of places is limited and those who register first will be guaranteed a place at the school!
To join the graduate courses in art and animation, candidates are required to take admissions tests.
The admissions interview is not an exam but a first-hand exchange during which the candidate expresses their motivation and interest in art or animation. The admissions officer assesses the candidate’s general and artistic knowledge, open-mindedness, level and commitment. By joining Atelier de Sèvres, students embark on an enriching but challenging journey.
Admission to the foundation courses at Atelier de Sèvres is through one-to-one interviews. The criteria are, above all, motivation, a desire to learn, artistic sensitivity and the practice of manual or creative activities.
Although the candidate’s level of drawing is not a selection criterion, the admissions officer is interested in seeing their work in order to get to know them better, see their desire to express themselves artistically and detect their potential. Drawing is not the only artistic field that can be presented: photographs, collages, sculptures, paintings, and sketchbooks are also of interest.
Entrance to the bachelor of art and technology course is through a competitive examination. The entrance examination takes place in two sessions (June and September) and allows the candidates with an aptitude for creativity, a real interest in teamwork, and a predisposition for making and designing to be selected.
1. The first selection stage consists of an online test based on logic, knowledge and simulation exercises. Candidates also demonstrate their motivation and personality through the production of a one-minute film recorded on a smartphone. The platform is open from 2nd March to 30th April 2020 (first session) and from 2nd May to 14th August 2020 (second session).
2. The second stage takes place over one day between 18th May and 5th June 2020 (first session) and 4th September 2020 (second session). A group logic test and a one-to-one interview allow for the final selection to be made.
Admission to the animation degree course is by competitive examination. The examination for entrance into the first and second years takes place in two stages, thus making it possible for candidates to join the course according to their level.
1. The first step (6th April 2020) is the submission of a portfolio in A3 format. This must highlight the candidate's capacities to develop their individual universe, styles and various genres. It can contain sketches, illustrations, storyboards, character design, sets, staging, collages, paintings, animations, etc. It should demonstrate creativity and drawing skills.
The first selection is made.
2. The second stage (4th to 7th May 2020) is a four-hour written test, based on the candidate's creativity, writing skills and imagination. If educational establishments continue to be closed beyond 1st May, the written tests will take place online and the oral exams will be held via Skype.
There is no deadline to request an admissions interview for the foundation course at Atelier de Sèvres but we recommend not waiting too long as once class numbers are reached, registration is closed. As Atelier de Sèvres favours year groups on a human scale, places available for the start of the school year are limited. We therefore encourage candidates to request an admissions interview early in the year (ideally between November/December and February), in order to have the best chance of securing a place at the start of the next school year.
For international students who require a visa, the application deadline is 30th June for the start of the school year in September.
With regards to the art and animation degree courses, the process is different as there are admissions tests. It is therefore important to refer to the procedure detailed on the admissions page as once this date has passed, it will no longer be possible to join these programmes.
Tuition fees can be paid in one, three or six instalments at an additional cost. The choice of payment method and the direct debit mandate must be attached to the registration form.
Atelier de Sèvres organises two kinds of open day events during the school year. Click on the links below for more information on the next events:
- - Two open day sessions in February and May
- - Information evenings throughout the year